Thursday, January 15, 2009

Anxiously Engaged in a Good Cause

For Christmas, Danny's parents gave us snow shoes. Tuesday night, we decided to go snow shoeing up Timpanogas, to a waterfall where we also had our first kiss just a little over a year ago. It was such a beautiful night, the moon was full and really bright and the snow was nice and deep and powdery. We played around for a bit and rested in the snow, just kind of talking casually and enjoying each other's company. We meandered back down the mountain. We were about 200 yards from the end of the trail when Danny discovered something in the snow. He told me to come look. And there was this sign:



At first I was like, ok, that's neat, and just kept walking towards the car. I didn't get that it was for me at all. Then he was like, oh and look! There is another one over there. And i walked over to it, the next one was more personal so i was starting to catch on. There were a whole series of signs that said cute things about our relationships, inside jokes, and what not. The whole time, i kept asking if this was a joke and what was going on. I really did think he was just messing with me, like Jim does to Pam off of the office.


The signs led up to this, a ring of candles, hot cocoa, and an amazing proposal, which i still thought was a trick until he dangled the ring in front of my face.

and now we are engaged!! We are shooting for May 8th... yippppeeee!!!



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Freakin Finally!! Ok why haven't you called me chica!?! I am so excited for you!! I hope to hear from you soon! You and Danny are perfect for each other. I am so excited for you both!

Monica said...

yayness!! where on may 8th?

Jessica Brown said...

Seriously? Hot chocolate, candles, and snow shoeing who is this guy? That sounds awesome!

Willi Nixon said...

oh amby. i'm so pumped!!!!!

Brooklyn said...

Congratulations, Amber :)

Anna said...

I LOVE YOU! I love him cause he loves you!!! I love you so much he hates you compared to how much I love you!!! hahaha just playing omg I am so so so so so excited for you guys!!! Seriously!!! AH! I love how sweet he proposed and I love that you're happy and I love that your ring is like creating a bling glare in the camera and you have "Type notes" written on your hand in pen. CONGRATS!

Melissa said...

Hey Amber! I'm so happy for you! You know Logan and I were married on May 5th.. Cinco De Mayo! Our anniversaries are going to be very close! Yay!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Amber!! That is SO exciting! Marriage is the best!

whitney said...

Amber that is AWESOME! Congrats! I'm happy for you!

Pepper said...

I knew those snowpants were destined for greater things! This whole situation makes me very happy.

smart alec said...

Amber that is so cute! yay for getting married!

...this is Ali by the way. haha.

The Robins Nest said...

Okay, I've been blog hopping and came across yours (sorry if that's creepy). :) I'm so happy for you. Tom proposed to me while snow shoeing as well. It means you'll have a really good marriage. :)
Congrats!
PS This is Emily Robins (aka Updike).