Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How Boys are Different than Girls

Mondays stink in that I leave at 6 in the am, and then get home around 5 in the pm. Danny leaves for work at 4 in the pm and gets home at 8 in the pm.
So, translation, we kiss each other good night on Sunday and then don't see each other til the next night at 8. Me no likey.

Today I had a great idea. I was going to throw Danny a Halloween party! The only downside is that I had to wait for Danny to get home because he had the car (I bus to SLC for my job) so that I could go to the store and get everything we would need to party hard halloween style. Once I threw a party for just myself and Danny last summer when we lived in DC. I thought it was pretty epic.

Danny came in the door tonight.
"Danny! Hi! Lets have a Halloween party!"
"Okay... why?"

Hmm. That wasn't the reaction I was hoping for.
"Fine. Lets have a halloween FHE." (I knew this approach would be more succesful since FHE is something you are supposed to do.)
Ok. That will be fun.

So I ran to the store and got all the things I needed for our Halloween party. We were going to have mummies in a blanket for dinner (pigs in a blanket, just wrapped mummy style)
Here is how the assembling of said mummies went:

Guess which ones I made and which ones Danny made.
I was like Danny.. they are supposed to be mummies!To which he responded, "well.. they taste the same" haha. I love him.
Next, we (and I use the term we very, very loosely) were going to make and decorate halloweenish cupcakes. After they were done baking, Danny came into the kitchen, put frosting on one, jabbed a kit kat into it, and stuffed it into his face like this:
when he was finished, he said "I'm full" and walked back into the living room to do homework.
And that is the difference between boys and girls. Oh well at least I can party with myself. I turned up the IHome and went to town. Here is how the rest of the cupcakes turned out:
 My favorite is the tree.
Happy Halloween 2010.

p.s. Danny is not a jerk. He just actually cares about doing homework like a good boy should. 

4 comments:

Chris and Jen Wright said...

haha this sounds so similar to my life. Danny cracks me up. Your favorite would be the tree. haha thanks for the laugh this morning.

Unknown said...

Just so that I don't sound like too horrible of a husband... I had a quiz on Shinto the next morning that I knew nothing about that I had to study for and I had to watch an hour long video and do a write-up on it.
Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome idea by Amber and I had fun- my cupcake tasted amazing! its just that it was also 8:30 and I still had a few hours of homework to get done and get to sleep early enough so I wasn't too tired the next morning... Which still didn't work cause I still slept through my alarm this morning

Amber said...

Haha. Poor Danny! You missed a great party.

janelle stubbs said...

your cupcakes totally rock. were some of them meant to look like penguins? cuz i think they do. owls perhaps? well, those are my fave. you make me laugh amber! i wish i could write funny posts like you. maybe someday. ;)