Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Get Down Girl Go 'Head Get Down

When I was in highschool, I worked at a local pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician. I really enjoyed it and was close with my boss and coworkers. My senior year, my parents finally let me get a cell phone. I was able to record messages on it and make them into my ring tone.

My boss (a 30 year old male with a nice low voice) picked up my phone one day and recorded "ANSWER ME NOW!!!" into my cell phone. I used this as my ringtone for many years to come.

One day, I was shopping at Ross (yes I am a cheap skate--quit judging me). I collected a few items for purchase and proceeded to the checkout lane. This nice Hispanic lady rung up my items. I handed her my money, which she happily took and subsequently started counting out my change.

My phone rang. "ANSWER ME NOW!!!"

The poor sweet cashier's face instantly turned white. Her eyes popped wide open. She immediately dropped the cash and put her hands behind her head in a ducking motion. She shouted for all the customers to "Get down!"

Which the 2 people behind me did.

For the life of me, I could not figure out what was going on. Were we getting robbed?

Finally I made the connection that the lady behind the counter thought the voice of my ringtone was an actual person behind her.

Oops.

8 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

hahahah. its more funny because she is hispanic. i love this story. haha :)

Chris said...

this is a good story. Why have I not heard it before? Love it. Sorry about yesterday. my phone died.

Hannah Frank said...

haha! How do so many random things happen to you!?

Alyse Bennett said...

Wish I could have been there.

Mike said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHA! Amby, you made my morning!

Unknown said...

how have i not heard this???

Amber Masters said...

haha i dont know what reminded me of this, just popped into my head. i dont think i have even thought about it since i was like 18

Willi Nixon said...

amber, why do the funniest things happen to you? its kind of ridiculous!