Sunday, February 28, 2010

Emergency Preparedness?

David Wallace: Did you shout "fire," causing a panic?
Dwight: Yes I shouted fire. I shouted many things. I also shouted instructions on how to get out of the building so you can imagine my frustration, as safety officer, when nobody would heed of, would heeded, heeded of--
Michael Scott: Headed of--
Dwight: When no one would take headed of my instructions.
Michael Scott: Heed. Take heed.
Dwight: I don't see my co-workers--
Michael Scott: Take heed of--
Dwight: --heeding this. Right now.

This weekend Danny's parent's took up to Solitude to play for the weekend. Yesterday was a full day of skiing, swimming, hot tubbing, topped off with a delicious steak dinner. When we got back to our hotel, we were pooped! We crawled into our soft warm bed and crashed watching the Olympics followed by some old school James Bond.

EEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

What the devil is that sound? Danny turn off the alarrrrm.
My heavy eye lids somehow managed to separate and I saw Dan's parents hastily throwing clothes on and calmly telling us to put on our jackets and shoes. I didn't feel like going outside so I just closed my eyes again.

OH! Thats the fire alarm! Baaah! I shot out of bed, grabbed my jeans and started kind of running around in circles trying to think of what I was suppose to be doing. I managed to find my phone, jacket, and pants, and we all tiredly and grudgingly walked out the door and down the stairs.

There was a lady in the hall shouting a blood curdling "SWEEEETHEAART!" to (I assume) her husband which when told by Hope, I couldn't help but laugh.

We should probably have been more worried than we were. But we were sooooo tired.

They had all the hotel guests stand outside, in the mountains, at 3 am. Several guests had made a hasty exit from their rooms without shoes. And one old man was in his boxers, boots, and jacket. Bringing sexy back.

Once I finally woke up standing outside, I started thinking about things I wished I would have saved. Danny's brand new lap top, my lap top, car keys, etc. Dang. But, we were all safe.

Eventually they put us all in a bar across the street and gave us apple cider, hot chocolate, & goodies, and we were all playing pool and watching tv. It was more like a party and less like a fire.

I still think it is funny how mellow we all were, when people around us were kind of freaking out.
Everything turned out good, we were safe, all of our stuff was safe, and we even got to go back to sleep around 4.

Next time I will think a little faster about what I would save from the fire.

2 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

hahaha. remember when laci slept through her alarm and mark was creeping at our apartment, waking up and freaking out everyone except laci. and we were going to grab a pen to stab him with because we werent prepared with knives in our bedroom.

sounds like a fantastical weekend!

Monica said...

you always have the randomest things happen to you. makes for exciting blog posts