Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Heart Winn Dixie

So, have you seen the show Extreme Couponing on TLC? Stresses me out. The first time I saw it I was like holy crap! I want to save a million dollars at the store. And then I thought wait, who needs one million boxes of pasta? And then I thought I am way too lazy slash don't have the time.
Fast forward two weeks, one of my friend's in our new ward is a crazy couponer. She taught me some basics and told me to never buy anything I don't normally use and showed me couponing could be done with very little effort.

Today was my first try. I looked over what was on sale at our local Winn Dixie, then looked through the Sunday paper and clipped a few corresponding coupons. Pretty easy.

At the check out, my total was $21.98. Then I used my coupons....

$3.26! Amazing! And I bought things we normally use and I didn't buy any absurd quantities (though I can see the appeal).

I'm just saying don't be surprised when you turn on TLC in a few weeks and I'm on.

2 comments:

Anna said...

haha isn't that amazing!!! My sister was on TLC... she writes mylitter.com and her husband writes iheartthemart.com

She's a crazy couponer-me too. I just packed up so much freaking stuff its nuts!

Congrats-its awesome to save!

Willi Nixon said...

Whaat?! I just don't believe I could save that much money. Thats so impressive!