Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Amanda de Lange

I've mentioned before how amazing Amanda De Lange is. If you're too lazy to click on the link, she's a lady that runs an orphanage that we went to in China. She has basically given up her life to work in this foster home that she runs, called Starfish Foster Home.
She barely gets paid to do what she does. She is there 7 days a week 24 hours a day. She doesn't go away for the holidays. And, she's in this little orphanage in the outskirts of Xian, China aka the middle of nowhere... she has to travel just to get to a market to buy groceries.
 I can't get over how selfless this lady is. Literally, her whole life is devoted to the service of others.

So why does she do it?

Because of these faces.




I was pretty sad this weekend to find out that Amanda has recently been diagnosed with cancer. I can't think of anything much scarier (medically speaking) than being treated for cancer in China. It's just not quite the same as it is here in the U.S. And insurance is definitely not the same.

The foster home needs help, and Amanda needs help.
CLICK here if you have a dollar or two to spare to help this lady receive the treatment she needs. You can give donations in any amount by clicking the "Other" box and filling in your desired amount.

Visiting this foster home changed my life and getting to know Amanda has really changed my life. If you have any questions about the foster home and other ways you can help, feel free to leave a comment.

If you feel so inclined, you can share this post on your own blog/facebook/twitter etc to help me get the word out.

1 comment:

Teddy said...

I want to go there! Amanda sounds like an amazing person. I want to meet her someday! -Teddy