Saturday, January 19, 2013

Running Across Utah Lake

5 miles of pure terror. 
I still can't decide if this was a good idea or not. 
It made running soo fun-- definitely added an extra element of adrenaline. 
We kept telling ourselves that Utah lake is usually only like 5 feet deep anyway.. right? 
I relied on my experience of wakeboarding utah lake--a few times when I have crashed, i have literally been able to stand up. So we were just praying that if we fell in, it would at least be at one of those parts. 
Did not enjoy seeing cracks in the ice. 
But they were pretty frozen underneath when we stuck our fingers in them. 






2 comments:

Jaron said...

Utah Lake froze over real good in 2007 as well:
http://www.jessandjaron.blogspot.com/2007/01/ah-beautiful-things-in-life.html
Not included in that post are pics of your's truly skiing across said lake on cross-country skis. I know of the terror you speak of. Not long after my little adventure I saw pics of a pickup truck driving around around out there, and realized I was being a nervous nellie for no reason.

Debbie said...

I believe that this is becoming a yearly tradition. NO?