Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Filmore, Fun, Run, Friends, and Food.

Friday night Kim & her significant other took us to the Fillmore hot springs. They are about an hour and a half south of Provo, and boy. They sure are a good time.
We left Provo at about 9, and drove down while listening to the musical stylings of Lady Gaga, and planning summer adventures. When we pulled into the dirt road that is the parking lot for the hot springs, there were some pleasant drunk high school boys from the sticks getting out of their not too eco friendly oversized truck.
We decided not to park by them.
We walked the 50 yards or so to the hot springs. I fell in a mud puddle. Please bless it was all mud and none poo.
When we got there, all of the drunk boys previously mentioned were there with their 20 friends or so. Did I mention these springs are literally in the middle of no where? This had to be like the whole high school. And they were all drunk. And red necked.
Some highlights of the hot springs:
- one girl saying "I'll be 18 next month so my parents cain't say a thang about it
- a creepy guy in the shadows that was there by himself. Who Kim and Jesse made friends with
- an old couple in their late 50's who I am pretty sure were part of the high school crowd
- a passed out guy with a huge hairy belly on the side of the hot spring
- convincing said high schoolers that I do nothing in life but travel around to various hot springs. to which they responded I must be rich.
- accidently seeing one dude in his van in his whitey tighties changing into his swim suit while another dude in van watched. Way creepy. I wish I could wash my eyes.

Quite an adventure, thank you Kim and Jesse!

On Saturday, we woke up early to run the Rex Lee Run. I was proud of Dan for running seeing as how I have been training for a marathon, but he hasn't run in months. This is how we both felt afterwards.
Saturday afternoon Karilyn and Devon (our friends from selling in D.C. this summer) came down from Utah State to play! It was so fun catching up and seeing Karilyn's cute pregnant self. We hung out, went glow in the dark mini golfing, treated ourself to "The Cracken" (basically the equivalent of 4 large pizzas) and watched more Office episodes than is probably healthy.


At the pirate place where we ate "the cracken" :
I want you all to think about how big my head is, now compare that with the size of this platter. This was the bigget pizza I have ever seen. AND we finished it. Our waiter was like... I can't believe only 4 of you finished this. I just had a huge table of people and they took a lot of it home. He had clearly underestimated our mad skills.

2 comments:

Kimberly Harrison said...

Ohhhhhh no....you captured all of the best moments of that night! Another adventure soon?

nicole ellis said...

i bet if i was there you would've MADE me eat that WHOLE pizza. jerk :)