Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Tribute to Momma Brown

Yesterday was my mom's Bday. Can i just tell you that my mom rules? She is the most amazing woman I know.
Here are a few reasons why.
In no particular order.

She is a babe.
She designed our house in Mississip. Most people get a degree in like architecture for that.
She had 7 kids. 7!
She folded ALL of our laundry (plus did alll of our laundry) growing up
I have yet to meet anyone on earth who can replicate her Heavenly Hash Brownies. She is famous for them.

She is always up for an adventure & really loves life.
She ALWAYS puts others first.
She lets me call her every single day and listens to my craziness.
She loves to laugh. She is one of the silliest people I know.
She's has beautiful blue eyes!
She is a pro chef! There is nothing like this lady's home cookin.
Not to mention her mad skills at making treats.
 
She loves her alligator cookie cutter. We have alligator cookies at every holiday or special occasion.
She taught us all how to appreciate the outdoors.
When she cuts up watermelon, she picks out all of the seeds. Everytime. Because she says that seedless watermelons don't taste as good. That is an example of how much she cares + her work ethic.
She is the best listener ever. And really is my best friend.
She forgives very easily.
She has put up with my dad and all of us kids for about 30 years.
She has an eye for detail.
She teaches by example. i.e. I don't recall her once telling me growing up to read my scriptures or say my prayers, but I always did it cause I would see her doing it.
She taught me how to read between the lines. You know, with the 3 fingers.
She appreciates simple things.
She gives Pete & Duaine a run for their money at hearts.
She is really good at being a mom.

Happy Birthday Mom!
I love you!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

My goodness, Amber. I must be ready to be translated. Ha! Thank you for all the nice things you said. Your mama

Anna said...

Happy Birthday!

Thank you for making Amber, I love her to pieces and she's such a good friend!

And thanks for the food blog, I've skimmed it a time or two :)