Sunday, October 31, 2010

Birthdays?

Sometimes I wonder why we celebrate birthdays. Everyone has one, so is it really that special? I understand people wanting to celebrate on the actual day of birth, but is it necessary to do it every year? Further, no one had to do anything to be born. If we are going to celebrate anything, it should be a celebration for moms. Afterall, they dealt with 9 months of us bouncing on their bladders and practicing kung fu on their insides. Not to mention the barfy-ness, nausea, psycho cravings and hormones. Also the hours and hours of contractions and the actual birthing process.
Next time it is my birthday, I am just going to give my mom a hug and say "hey, thanks for giving birth to me. Happy birthday." And maybe i'll bake her a cake.

Also, this is my 100th post. So cheers.
Also, Happy Halloweenie!

p.s. Danny- this does not get you off the hook for my birthday next year

5 comments:

Chris and Jen Wright said...

Amen!!!

Unknown said...

um... I like birthdays...

Anna said...

Remember the time I texted you happy birthday (i think i did) and wrote on your wall in honor of your birthday?

I take it back.

Jaron said...

what are you, the birthday grinch? P.S. You posted this 2 days before Jess's birthday. Nice timing. She was so offended. ha just kidding.

Jessica Brown said...

Jaron just told me about his comment he wrote on here. For the record I was not offended in the least. He is a silly boy. I liked your post and it made me want to call my Momma on my birthday and say thanks for all she did!