Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bienvendio a Miami

We have a home! And we couldn't be happier. After a rough rough weekend, and staying in some seriously questionable motels, we finally found a place to call home for the next few months anyway. We feel SO lucky to be staying where we are staying for the price we are paying. After we got here, we realized that if we wanted to live somewhere where crack was not being sold, it was going to run us between $900-1300 ish. Ouch! Fortunately, we found an apartment for $700 (a foreclosure) that is right across from the beach, Trump Towers, and a billion cute restaurants and shops. We also have a pool, shuffle board, and fitness center and airmattress (thanks again parents!) So... we welcome any visitors! I haven't had time to snap any pics yet but we are seriously loving our new place. We also scored a TV from a neighbor and a free couch from the apt manager. Life is good!
A few other updates, we are having my parents babysit the jeep while we here-- it was not handling the 40 hour drive well, so we picked up a nice used silver malibu from my padre on the way here :) I can't tell you how much I love having AC.
I was planning to take the LSAT in October but after a hectic few weeks, lack of studying, and several conversations w/ BYU/the U I am holding off until December and applying for next fall.
I wish I spoke Spanish. I think more people here speak it than English so Danny's having a ball brushing up on his ol' espanol.

Hopefully we'll get some pics up of the new place. Cheers!

1 comment:

Jaron said...

Bravo, what fun! What does it mean when an apartment is foreclosed? Did you buy the place for $700? The market really has crashed in FL. Also, you'll be happy to know the back of your head is in a pic on FB that my Bro-in-Law Drew took before we realized you were in the little chapel at Ticaboo. I can't tag you in it for some reason. Hope all is well and that you don't get sucked up in a hurricane.