Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Things to do

I was just looking through an old young women's binder that I had when I was a beehive. It was given to me when I was 12 and I filled it with little notes and talks and things throughout the years. Basically a journal.
I found a funny list I made when I was 13. At the time, I'm sure I thought the age of 25 was ancient.

"What I want to do before I'm 25" by Amber the 13 year old.

- learn a language fluently
- graduate college, and probably more school than that.
- sky dive
- live on the beach for AT LEAST a year
- get married
- have two kids, one boy and one girl (as if I have control over gender.. haha)
- buy a house with a circle window, balcony, and wrap around porch
- own a jeep or truck
- publish a book
- travel outside the united states of america
- make all A's at least once
- learn to play the guitar
- direct a play
- go on a cruise
- go to a church college at least for a little while
- become an interior designer, lawyer, architect, or doctor
- get good at slalom skiing and wake boarding

Oh dear 13 year old self, I hope I did not disappoint you. It's actually a little eerie how much of the stuff on my list I did accomplish, without having looked at this list in 10 years.
Tomorrow I will be 24 which means I have exactly one year to have two kids, publish a book, finish all 3 years of law school and direct a play. I better get busy.

4 comments:

Willi Nixon said...

I am so impressed with how much of this you've done! Seriously, just shows that you knew who you were at age 13. I love it. Miss you missy

Debbie said...

Oh, my Amber, you cannot disappoint your 13 yr old self. You have accomplished much. Perhaps twins are in the near future?? HaHa

whitney said...

Twins! twins would do it! Or you could over-achieve and have triplets, I wouldn't wish that one on you though...At least not DURING law school...

I'm totally impressed! If I pulled out a list like that it would have all been seriously derailed by the fact that I got married 6 months out of high school! That really wasn't in the cards anywhere and sorta caught me off guard the evening of July 4, 2005...it turned out pretty great though!

Kimberly Moore said...

Love this. You've already done so much of it! I actually found a list I'd written a while ago too. It's fun to see how far I've gotten in 23 years of life. Miss you!