Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Past, Christmas Present

Danny and I only have a couple of Christmas traditions. My favorite: make our own Christmas movie (I promise I'll post when we finish it). Number 2: Build ginger bread house Number 3: Have a pre-Christmas (stay up late, eat candy, drink martinelli's, open 1-2 presents, usually about a week before real Christmas).
This weekend we celebrated tradition number two. I really do love sitting around building these little houses and eating more candy than we actually use on our houses.
Most years we've had gingerbread house kits (thanks to Danny's mom!) this year, we had the student edition-- honey grahams. We made do with decorations found in our cupboards: frosting, sprinkles, candy canes, cookies, cereal, candy, and chocolate chips. And here is a look at our ginger bread houses throughout the years:

 2008




2009








 2010




And finally, 2011:








I've done a bit of Christmas crafting this year. Mostly really simple DIY decor, since I am not much of a crafter. 
 Ball chandelier:



newspaper christmas tree



 sea shell christmas tree
More Christmas tidings to come.






2 comments:

Nicole said...

crap! i miss ya amber!

Nicole said...

oh yeah and cute gingerbread houses. i love love love making them!