Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Key West 13 Miler... Playlist Revealed


Had a blast running the Key West half with my friend Marianne this weekend. It was the least amount I've trained for a race, so I was a little nervous. I came in 8th in my division, which may not be impressive to you true runners out there, but I was impressed with myself. 

I attribute any success I had to this play list:
Rihanna: You Da One
C+C Music Factory: Everybody Dance Now
Michael Jackson: ABC
Brandon Flowers: The Clock was Tickin
Gwyneth Paltrow: Forget You (Glee CLo cover)
Dog Days Are Over: Glee cast
Heads Up: Karen O and the Kids
I just realized I switched titles with authors after Forget You. Too lazy to fix it. Moving on. 
From Now On: The Features 
Neighbors: Theophilus London
Sister Rosetta: Noisettes
Chicago: Sufjan Stevens
Paper Planes: MIA 
Empire State of Mind: Jay Z
Love on Top; Beyonce
Will You Be There: Michael Jackson (aka the Free Willy theme song. For the record, this came on when I saw the finish line in sight, it was truly magical. And by truly magical, I mean I may have teared up when it happened. No judgments please) 
Umbrella: Rhianna 
Girls and Boys: Love you Long Time

So it was really more like a dance party for me. If you have the means, I highly recommend any of the above songs if you need a little motivation for your work outs or if you are feeling party central-esk.

Non dance party items also on my playlist:
Lykke Li: Possibility 
Cat Power: I Found a Reason 
A few recordings by Ira Glass 
Man in the Mirror: Michael Jackson 
Volcano: Damien Rice
Blood Bank: Bon Iver

And when I say I had a dance party during the race.. I really mean it. I was snapping and skipping and moving to the beat. Anyone can run a half! Just treat it like a dance party.

1 comment:

Jessica Brown said...

Yay! Way to go Amber. I love that you make it look so easy and that your face doesn't even look like your breaking a sweat in any of the pictures. Your amazing woman.