Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bama-Okla

We loved driving through the tunnel crossing into Bama, as pictured in previous post. Also the mile long bridge is always a fav. Alabama intrigues me-- just such a different world in the south. I have secret plans of living in the south again someday. Help me convince Danny. 


We made a quick stop in Clinton to drive around where I lived growing up. I was pleasantly surprised that not much had changed. Except for the color of my house which went from a nice light blue to a shade of peach. Please also note that I am still in my beach attire, because we literally jumped into our car to continue our trek straight off the beach in Destin. 


MS River bridge

My secret to surviving a 44 hour road trip? -- Stuff your face with candy at any every moment possible.

Louisiana was surprisingly creepy. We passed through a town that was literally called "Transylvania" right at sunset-- and was quite possibly the scariest town in America. There was an old school elementary school with creaking signs, no sign of human life, and old abandoned houses. I thought a vampire was going to pop out at any given moment and eat my face. 


Not pictured: Arkansas. Because we drove through it from about 1-4am and also because there is nothing to take pictures of there. 

Oklahoma at last! I was glad to catch up with these two girls. We've been besties since our 8th grade English class. Sara actually gave birth not long after this photo to 2 cute twin boys!

I have never seen an animal love a human more than Matilda loves Danny. She was fronting on my turf. 

Tulsa town

Essential eats when in Okla.

the center of the universe in tulsa-- when you stand in the middle it's all echoey. 

Onward to Texas! aka the armpit of America. To be continued. 

No comments: