Sunday, September 15, 2013

Miami Part 2

On the last day in Miami (also my bday) we kayaked through Oleta state park. Its a park literally 5 minutes away from where we used to live, and is this little jungley oasis in the middle of the city. Kinda feels like central park in NYC but in the water. I was legitimately afraid to fall out for fear of snakes, crocs, and weird bugs.



mangrove trees for days
oh my sweet jelly fish! when we got out into the bay, I looked down at where I was paddling, and there were HUNDREDS of jellyfish. I have seen a lot of jellyfish in my day, but this was like.. fall out of your kayak and die kind of jellyfish brigade. It reminded me of the scene on Finding Nemo where Dori gets capped by the jellies. 
We made it into the middle of the bay onto this island, and there were tons washed up on shore. You can touch the tops of them.. (remember our jellyfish sandcastle christmas tree?) just watch our for their tentacles. 
in the bay, headed to that little island










Some pics of when we flew out: 
the everglades
our city:
Goodbye for now Miami! 

Next up on the blog: San Diego

P.S. Follow me by clicking on the icon on the top rightish of the screen! 

No comments: