Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ok I Buy From You

I am domestic.

I got all this stuff for $18:
- jelly shoes
- 2 clutch purses
- 1 big purse
- 2 bowls
- 3 small pic frames
- 1 big pic frame
- 2 decorative pillows


Every Friday we have a tradition on cooking something new or fun. Here are a few thing we have whipped up:

Delicious blue berry peach cobbler

Meat Loaf. Sounds and maybe even looks gross, but taste del-ish. due to the high brown sugar content.

Orange chicken.

On a side note, do you want to hear the neatest thing that has happened to me this week? Besides my loot for only $18, I was slightly stressed about a final I had yesterday. It was for a capstone sociology class where I have had to do a big research paper for and basically has been the source of all my frustration this semester. I studied my face off for the final and was really nervous because it was all essay questions and my teacher is pretty gnarly.
I spent probably 25 hours studying for the test, and didn't feel prepared enough at all. I had a borderline A and I really didn't want all my hard work this semester to be shot because of this stuuupid final. I got to class about an hour early to meet with some fellow students to try to go over some difficult concepts that we believed would be on the test.
Enter teacher.
She is looking mighty stressed.
Student jokingly asks her if this is open note open books.
She laughs.
I don't.
She complains about having to grade all of our 30-45 page papers before this Friday and then having to grade all of our essays on our tests.
Student says, why don't we just not take the test.
Teacher stops.
Teacher ponders.
Teacher looks up a few things on the computer to see if she is allowed to do that.
Teacher says, ok, you no have to take test if you don't want to.
No penalty. But take if you want to take to help your grade you can.
Class cheers, paper is thrown, people are jumping up and down.
I have never seen a happier group of people.
My face today is sore from how much I smiled yesterday.

LIFE IS GOOOOOD!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Yay! Congratulations about your final! That's so exciting! (except the whole, studying for 25 hours when you didn't have to... but I'd rather do that!) Awesome!

Monica said...

That is amazing. I wish that had happened to me.

Anna said...

HAHA THAT IS AMAZING I can't tell you how much I laughed out loud out of sheer joy for you on this! I even read it out loud to Jeff who chuckled on your behalf.

.. so tell me about where this loot came from?

Debbie said...

Oh, my Amber Lynne Brown Masters, I so just love to read about your life even if you already told me about the things. You really need to write a book. I'll edit it.

Jessica Brown said...

That is so awesome.