Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pay Back

There have been several occasions in my life where I have rubber-banded the kitchen sink hose. You know, so that when the next person turns on the faucet, the hose will spray them. Hopefully right in the face.

They say what goes around comes around.
Today, it came back around.

I was hurrying to do a few dishes before I ran out the door to a meeting. I was waiting for the water to get nice and hot before I sprayed off the dishes. When I presumed the water was sufficiently hot, it was time to grab the hose.

 It all happened so fast. In one fell swoop, my hand reached out, my fingers wrapped around the hose, and powerfully squeezed. Afterall, I was in a hurry.

I should have payed better attention to the direction the head of the hose was turned. As it so happens, the head was turned right at my face. I guess I should have waited to squeeze until I was pointing at the dishes.

I blasted myself in my grill. And that water was boiling.

And that friends, is karma.

2 comments:

Aly said...

my uncle used to do that very same thing. to my grandpa in fact. good family legends.

ps let us play soon.

pps the word it's making me type is "strus". that sounds like a sweet dojo karate word, no?

Willi Nixon said...

haha this sounds about right. i hope danny was watching